Shofars, kafias, epoxy resin.
The mythical monster “Chimera”, a lion-headed goat’s body and tail of a snake or a dragon. In embryology, “Chimera” is a creature that evolved (in the laboratory or in nature) form somatic cells of two different individuals that came together. The result: Chimera is a creature of different somatic cells from a different genetic makeup.
The series concept of objects raise certain questions about the place of the local reality in design.
Left to right:
1. “Conflict Chair” – olive wood, felt.
2. “Sitting on the Wall” – unique texturized vinyl, rubber, iron, wood, foam.
3. “Dear Philippe,” – lamp parts, wood, metal, army weapon cleansing sheet.
4. “Betonada Stool” – foam, unique texturized vinyl, rope, plastic restraint, stainless steel rings.
5. “Bulletproof Table” – bulletproof glass of armored Volvo car, AK-47 shots, epoxy, ink, iron.
This project was inspired by the notorious escape of the most dangerous rapist in the history of Israel. For two weeks, Beni Sela terrified the public until the police finally caught him with the help of the media and regular civilians. The combination of handbag and protection device attempts to create a product that serves dual purpose that caters to the uncertain world that we live in today.